Hi, I'm Joanna
And this is Lenny ↘
Hi there, I'm Joanna and I'm behind the brand Parkin & Lewis. I create luxury leather gifts and accessories, all made by hand in a small studio in Surrey, UK.
Here are a few facts about me
• I’m Joanna Lewis, previously Parkin (hence the business name).
• I liked the idea of keeping the name ‘Parkin’ as my business name, as my sister and I are the last two remaining Parkins.
• I have a degree in Multimedia Textiles, where I discovered my love of leather and fabrics. I loved working with fabrics that didn't fray.
• I used to work in a silk shop in Soho where I had Wednesdays off. Not many of my friends were around on a Wednesday, so I decided to make the most of the spare time and started using the silk from the shop and leather (impulse purchases) to make make-up bags.
• In 2010 I got discovered by @notonthehighstreet at a little stall I was holding at Angel Art Market.
• After joining Notonthehighstreet, the orders starting coming in thick and fast, so I had to quit my day job to work on the business full-time.
• My business name was Joanna Parkin, but once I got married I wanted to incorporate my new name too, so I ditched the ‘Joanna’ as I wanted to appeal to both men and women.
• I have two lunatic children, so its very challenging to juggle the two of them with work - please bear with me :)
• I miss working full-time, but at the same time I love the flexibility of working and looking after my two little monkeys.
• I hate having my photo taken so found this ‘shoot’ (above) excruciating!
• I have recently been making coasters for various pubs, restaurants and private members clubs with the clients logo on. I love making these.
I make cufflinks to order so if there is a particular combination you can't see on the site please get in touch. If you have a piece of fabric that you would like to match to a kilt/bridesmaid's dress, groom's tie or anything please get in touch.
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with anything.
Customer CommentsAnniversary Bottle Tag:
It arrived today and it’s just gorgeous! A precious little gold no.1 THANK YOU SO MUCH I love it!Retro Leather Cufflinks:
I bought these cufflinks as an anniversary gift for my husband and he loved them. Beautifully crafted and presented in a lovely box, these cufflinks will be treasured forever.Leather iPhone Case:
Fantastic quality, my husband loved it!
First class product just right for holding a new mobile phone.
High quality craftmanshipUnion Jack Cufflinks:
Absolutely what every gent around town (and elsewhere) should be wearing this year - will be recommending you to my friendsPersonalised Cufflinks:
They are unusual and my husband loved them. It was for our third wedding anniversary which is leather.